Extra Bit Manipulation Mod is a simple mod in Minecraft which is an addon to the Chisels & Bits mod. This mod adds a wrench that rotates/mirrors/translates/inverts chiseled blocks, and sculpting wires/spades that remove/add cubic/spherical areas of bits from chiseled/chiselable blocks
- Right click a chiseled block to rotate, mirror, translate, or invert it.
- Rotation: Clockwise if not sneaking, counter-clockwise if sneaking.
- Mirroring: Front-to-back if not sneaking, left-to-right if sneaking.
- Translation: Away from you if not sneaking, towards you if sneaking.
- Inversion: Inverts all bits regardless of whether or not you are sneaking.
- Scroll the mouse wheel while sneaking to cycle through the three modes.
Sculpting Tools: Wires Spades
- [Spades] Shift left click block to set the bit type to add.
- [Wires] Shift left click block to set the bit type to remove (doing so to air clears selection, i.e. any).
- Left click a blocks to affect areas of bits.
- Wires remove bits.
- Spades add bits.
- Right click to cycle modes.
- Local mode: click a point on a block to alter bits of that clicked block.
- Global mode: click a point on a block to alter bits of all chiseled/chiselable blocks intersecting a cubic/spherical/square/circular shape.
- Drawn mode: click a point on a block and release on another point to alter bits of all chiseled/chiselable blocks intersecting a cuboidal/ellipsoidal/rectangular/elliptic shape.
- Shift scroll the mouse wheel to change the removal area radius.
- Control right click to change sculpting shape.
- Control left click to toggle between targeting bit and targeting bit grid vertices (for local/global modes).
- Control scroll the mouse wheel to cycle through sculpting shapes.
- Alt right click to toggle shapes hollow or solid.
- Alt left click to toggle toggle ends of hollow shapes open or closed.
- Alt scroll the mouse wheel to change wall thickness of hollow shapes.
Refer to tool-tips in config GUI menu for additional information.
- Whether the bit removal/addition area represented in the display name is in units of bits or meters
- Whether the bit removal/addition area is represented in the display name as a diameter or a semi-diameter
- Amount of padding added to the bit removal/addition areas’ size
- Whether an attempt will be made to place removed bits in the player’s inventory before spawning them in-world
- Weather removed bits will be spawned in the blocks they are removed from or from the player’s location (as if thrown on the ground by pressing Q)
- Amount to contract the box in which removed bits can spawn in the world
- Whether all removed bits from all blocks they are removed from are pooled together and then spawned / given to the player all at once, or whether removed bits will be individually pooled and spawned / given to the player for each block they are removed from
- Whether full blocks (4096 bits) removed with the Sculpting Wire drop as bit stacks or as chiseled blocks full of bits
- Max semi-diameter of sculpting shapes
- Max wall thickness of hollow sculpting shapes
- Whether the Bit Wrench can only invert blocks with one bit type, or whether it can invert any block, where all empty bits are filled whichever bit type is most prevalent in the block space
Sculpting Data Settings
- [Default values] / [Whether data is stored and accessed per tool or per player] / [Whether changes are displayed in chat] for the following data
- Block identifier for the type of bit to sculpt with using Sculpting Spades
- Block identifier for the type of bit to remove with Sculpting Wires
- Direction sculpting shapes face
- Whether Sculpting Spade shapes are hollow or solid
- Whether Sculpting Wire shapes are hollow or solid
- Sculpting mode (local/global/drawn)
- Whether the ends of shapes that have ends are open or closed
- Semi-diameter (in bits) of shapes
- Sculpting shape for Curved Sculpting Tools
- Sculpting shape for Straight/Flat Sculpting Tools
- Whether local/global modes target bits or vertices of the bit grid
- Thickness (in bits) of hollow shapes
- Bit Wrench
- Maximum damage (per block click)
- Damage taken when used (per block click)
- Sculpting Tools (Curved/Straight Wires & Curved/Flat Spades)
- Maximum damage (per bit added/removed)
- Damage taken when used (per bit added/removed)
- Bit Wrench / Sculpting Tools / Sculpting Tool Heads
- Recipe is enabled
- Recipe is shaped
- The recipe itself (string array)
- Ore dictionary is used (otherwise items are used)
- Bit Wrench Overlays
- Disable overlay rendering
- Distance arrows fade in/out over
- Distance arrows move
- Period of arrow moment
- Distance between arrows
- Amplitude of mirror arrow oscillation
- Period of mirror arrow oscillation
- Period of cyclical arrow rotation
- Period of translation circle zoom in/out
- Sculpting Tool Shapes
- Bit Removal/Addition Bounding Boxes / Enveloped Shapes
- Portion in front of other textures renders
- Portion behind other textures renders
- Alpha value
- Red component of color
- Green component of color
- Blue component of color
- Line width
Feel free to use your own images for the overlays. They are in assetsextrabitmanipulationtexturesoverlays in the jar (must have the same names – aspect ratio must be maintained to prevent compressing/stretching). Of course, as usual, item textures can also be changed (texturesitems), as well as item rendering (.json in models/item) and item names (.lang in lang).
Before Local Spherical Bit Removal
After Local Spherical Bit Removal
Jungle Temple Eye
Outside Spherical Chamber
Inside Spherical Chamber
All thoroughly configurable.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Chisels and Bits Mod.
- Download the Extra Bit Manipulation Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Extra Bit Manipulation Mod Download Links: