This is a very small but powerful mod, it lets you obtain spawn eggs in survival mode. By default you can only capture certain mobs, but you can change that in the config file.
The egg staff is the first thing you need to craft if you want to get started with this mod. If you have capturing eggs you can hit a mob and it will drop a spawn egg, however not all mobs are enabled by default, this can be toggled on or off in the config file by changing the value of the mob you want to true. In order to catch hostile mobs you need to have a experience level from 15 or higher, this can be changed in the config file.
The egg staff needs something to put the mob in, that is where the capturing egg comes in. Every time you capture a mob it consumes a capturing egg.
Older Information: (For Minecraft 1.5.2)
Eggstaff is a mod that allows you to obtain spawn eggs in survival mode! You need captureing eggs befor you can capture a egg, this works on other mod mobs but there has to be a spawn egg.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Egg Staff Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.