Darwin Mod, without doubt, is a new fantastic mod in Minecraft game. The main objective of this mod is to add a particular mob which has chromosomes with genes. Well, that sounds extremely freaky. Through it, players can cross-breed mobs and create entire new species. There are many impressive features of this type of mobs that you surely interest:
- The genetics of the mobs will define their color, skin, shape, behaviour and so on.
- Some mobs are inspired from existing mobs or other animals in Minecraft
- Also these mobs can mate as any pig or sheep with wheat. Of course, the child will inherit from its parents following the same biological laws than in real life. Maybe there are mutations. You aslo might obtain phenotypes which couldn’t exist in the wild.
You can make them mate as any pig or sheep with wheat. The child will inherit from its parents following the same biological laws than in real life including mutations. Then you can obtain phenotypes which couldn’t exist in the wild.
Each mob actually has the following components:
- A body (4 possible shapes)
- A head (3 possible shapes or none)
- A snout (3 possible shapes or none)
- Ears/horns (3 possible shapes or none)
- A tail (3 possible shapes or none)
- 2 rear legs (3 possible shapes or none)
- 2 front legs/arms (3 possible shapes or none)
- The speed it can move depends on the size of the legs
- Rotation of the body (from 0 to 90°)
- Color (16,581,375 colors)
- Skin (11 different skins)
- Dropped item (126 possibilities)
- AI and behaviour: depending on some genes, some tasks are added like “hunt cows” for example or “flee when hit” or “look for shade”.
- Other behaviours: burn in sun, hurt by water, immune to fire?
The mob in different forms as it can spawn in the wild: fake pig, fake zombie, fake enderman, fake cow, fake slime and even? fake squirtle.
A child of a cow and a zombie in its larval state.
A child of a cow and a zombie in its adult state.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Darwin Mod 1.6.4 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.6.4
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2