Cosmetic Armor Reworked mod allows you to wear two sets of armor, one for display, one for function. You can also hide armor for your skin. For PVP, you can stop the mod from functioning on your client side.
- You can press C (default, you can change it in Controls under Inventory category) or the button added in your inventory screen (bottom right to your character, similar to the Baubles button) to open the Cosmetic Armor Inventory, left side is your normal armor slots, right side is your cosmetic armor slots.
- Any armor placed in cosmetic armor slots will not have any effect on you, only for display purpose.
- They will drop on death.
- Little square buttons on the right are Skin toggles. When turned on (white), that piece of armor will not display at all.
- Little square button on the left to inventory button is mod disable toggle. When turned on (white), the mod will not work on your client side, this is for PVP.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Cosmetic Armor Reworked Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.