Welcome to Coarse Sands Map! I don’t like sand. Do you? It’s rough, and coarse, and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Your plane, under unknown circumstances, has crashed in the middle of a barren desert and everyone on board has perished. Everyone except for you (and your friends if you play multiplayer). To stay alive, keep an eye on necessities like water, food, shelter, and sleep. You (and your friends) decide to live and find rescue. Start with the plane and see if you can get a radio. Good luck!
Rules and Guidelines
- Go to sleep only when the sun is below the horizon!
- Do not kill yourself to reset the water or food meter on purpose.
- Open iron doors with levers found in the map (do not break down iron doors)
- Do not climb over the larger sand dunes that act as the border to the map.
- Play in survival mode and try not to spawn things in.
- Changing game rules to fit playstyle is fine (keepInventory, mobGriefing, etc?)
- Play on at least easy difficulty.
- Play on Minecraft Version 1.10
- Watch your thirst meter as not drinking water will lead to debuffs.
- Neglecting sleep with having a negative side effect.
- If you want a challenge set the gamerule keepInventory to false. [Default=on]
- Death penalty: Dying 5 times gives you bad luck and dying 10 times give you bad luck and constant hunger. To reset your death counter, eat a golden apple.
- Set Render Distance to 13 for players (and the server if on multiplayer)
- Enable command blocks in server.properties
- Map was made to play with the John Smith Legacy Texture Pack
How to install Coarse Sands Map for Minecraft:
- Download Coarse-Sands-Map.
- Extract file.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder.
- Drag extracted map folder into that.
- Start Minecraft.
- Enjoy and play!
Download Links for Coarse Sands Map
For Minecraft from 1.10.2
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2