Coarse Sands Map is definitely an intriguing adventure map that you should try out immediately. This map has an attractive plot which revolves around plane crash. Your plane has crashed in the middle of a barren desert and it seems that nobody on board is alive. You are the only survivor of this plane crash.
That’s why you have to figure out the way to be alive. Try your best to look for necessities like water, food, shelter, and sleep until you call for help. Especially, once overcoming all challenges of the desert, you have chance to get the radio. Good luck!
Rules and Guidelines
- Go to sleep only when the sun is below the horizon!
- Do not kill yourself to reset the water or food meter on purpose.
- Open iron doors with levers found in the map (do not break down iron doors)
- Do not climb over the larger sand dunes that act as the border to the map.
- Play in survival mode and try not to spawn things in.
- Changing game rules to fit playstyle is fine (keepInventory, mobGriefing, etc?)
- Play on at least easy difficulty.
- Play on Minecraft Version 1.10
- Watch your thirst meter as not drinking water will lead to debuffs.
- Neglecting sleep with having a negative side effect.
- If you want a challenge set the gamerule keepInventory to false. [Default=on]
- Death penalty: Dying 5 times gives you bad luck and dying 10 times give you bad luck and constant hunger. To reset your death counter, eat a golden apple.
- Set Render Distance to 13 for players (and the server if on multiplayer)
- Enable command blocks in server.properties
- Map was made to play with the John Smith Legacy Texture Pack
How to install Coarse Sands Map for Minecraft:
- Download Coarse-Sands-Map.
- Extract file.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder.
- Drag extracted map folder into that.
- Start Minecraft.
- Enjoy and play!
Download Links for Coarse Sands Map
For Minecraft from 1.10.2
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2