Classic Combat Mod is developed for players who are so tired of the new Minecraft combat system. It recalls the memories when players can actually be victorious in a fight against more than one zombie.
This mod is easy-to-understand. Simply, it takes out the cooldown from all weapon in the game. As a result, player can always hit for the weapon’s attack value as using them, just like the exact way it works in Minecraft before being upgraded.
Moreover, it’s 100% server-compatible, mod compatible, and efficient. It means that your game/server’s performance will not be affected in any way.
And finally, in case of prefering the new version of combat system, you can bring it back by deleting Classic Combat and keeping using your same world without any issues.
Just so everyone’s clear:
- No more attack cooldowns. You will always hit for the attack value of the weapon you’re using, no matter how long ago you used it.
What’s Not Changed:
- The “swing” graphic is still shown when attacking something.
- Damaged “hearts” are still dropped when something is attacked.
- You can still dual wield.
- You can still use shields.
- Your cooldown indicator will still show and function, however it no longer has effect.
How to install:
- Download the Classic Combat Mod from link below.
- Extract the map files with a Zip extractor.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder. If the “saves” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\saves” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves” and press Return.
- Copy the extracted map folder into the “saves” folder that opens.
- Start minecraft. Enjoy and play.
Classic Combat Mod Download Links: