This is a vanilla mob creation. It adds birds that randomly spawn around players that come in red or brown variants as well as baby and adult. They can fly, walk around, be fed, grow into adults, make nests, and drop items that can be used to custom craft some items! No resource packs or mods are used and it works completely in vanilla 1.8.
- Randomly spawn around a player
- Fly through air, walk on ground, hop occasionally, and make sounds!
- Red, Brown, Baby, and Adult varieties of birds
- Can be fed by dropping wheat seeds on them
- Drop Odd Bird Egg when fed as an adult which breaks when dropped from heights to get Yolk, Egg White, and Egg Shell
- Create nests rarely when adult and on a leaf block
- Nests spawn 3 baby birds over time, then break into sticks
- Rarely drop Bird Wing when killed
- Killed by arrows only
- Animated wings
- Crafting Machine for custom recipes (may expand on this in the future in a different post)
- Two recipes for Omelette and Winged Armor
- Omelettes provide +2 max health when held in hand and can be eaten
- Winged Armor when worn gives speed, jump boost, and feather falling IV
- Created when placing Winged Armor on armor stand with leather cap
- Can be ridden and flown in any direction you look!
- Animated wings
Guide Book (Not Normally Obtainable)
- Can be obtained at the command blocks that control everything by clicking the labeled sign
- Tells all features that come with this as well as information on all items and crafting
Birds – A Vanilla Mob Creation
Baby Brown Bird – Other variants AdultBaby and BrownRed Birds
Flying Machine – Lets you fly into the sky!
Bird Nest – Created by a mother bird and spawns 3 baby birds
Adult Red Bird, Baby Red Bird, and Baby Brown Bird – not shown Adult Brown Bird
Using it in your world:
- This was made for Minecraft version 1.8, not yet tested with multiplayer but should work
- You can find all items in a double chest at the command block mechanic
- Don’t spawn birds directly next to each other or force them together! When they come near each other they glitch really badly! If they are above 5 blocks apart they will be ok.
Gamerules when using the schematic:
/gamerule commandBlockOut false
/gamerule logAdminCommands false
How to install:
- Download the map.
- Extract file.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder.
- Drag map folder into it.
- Start minecraft.
- Enjoy and play.