BetterFps Mod is a Minecraft mod that changes how Minecraft calculates sine and cosine, giving a performance boost.
- The algorithm is configurable, with in-game config screen
- It’s even useful for servers, since the server needs sine & cosine to generate chunks, calculate entity acceleration, etc.
- Riven’s, Full, Half Algorithms seems to be the best
- Taylor’s and Java Math seems to be much worse than vanilla algorithm
- LibGDX’s Algorithm is the same as Riven’s Algorithm with a few changes.
- You can either change the algorithm in the config file or in the in-game config GUI (Press F12 while in game)
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the BetterFps Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
BetterFps Mod Download Links:
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2