Apple Core is an API that helps out modifying the food and hunger mechanics of Minecraft. It also provides some useful information about food/hunger to the HUD
Mods that use AppleCore:
- Hunger Overhaul – Extensive tweaks to hunger and related mechanics
- The Spice of Life – Encourages dietary variety through diminishing returns
- Hunger In Peace – Normal hunger and health regen in peaceful
Tooltip: Food values are shown when holding shift
Hunger/saturation HUD overlay: When holding food, the hunger/saturation you’d get from eating it flashes on the screen
Food exhaustion HUD underlay: Food exhaustion gets shown as a progress bar behind the hunger bar
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the AppleCore from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.